Saturday, February 7, 2009

Caye Cankle

Immediately after the celebration of my last birthday sans child, we hopped on a plane to Caye Caulker, Belize. Being that I was 6 1/2 months pregnant and the incredible swelling woman, I was not in the least prepared for what flying would do to my extremities. I had heard the rumors but decided to find out first hand how bad it would be for me. Yes, everyone's bodies are different. Mine goes like this:
Five foot 2 inches (on my left foot, 5'1 on my right).
All legs, no torso. Literally, there is a 6 inch differential between my hip bone and chest.
A double D wide foot...normally.
Short fingers and small hands.

Take these dimensions and place them 35,000 feet in the air in a pressure and oxygen controlled environment and you get a strange looking and even stranger feeling girl. Put that pregnant, swelling girl upright in travel for 10 hours, and it just ain't pretty. I am very angry with myself that I did not take pictures of what my body looked like when we touched down in Central American Paradise. I can tell you however, that I could barely bend my fingers to sign in to the hotel. Clarky aptly changed the name of our trip from Caye Caulker to Caye Cankle. God bless this man for even finding me remotely attractive after that flight. I guess it is just a little sign of the wonderful swelling to come. I have decide instead to post "nice" pics of our last trip as 2 and save you from the disgustingness I call my hands and feet.


I think my belly circumference may have outmeasured his!


Not to toot my own horn...but does it get any cuter than this???

My favorite new hobby is watching the little thing kick the crap out of me and seeing my tummy contort. For the record, I am not naked in this photo contrary to popular belief...

Cherish this picture as you will never again see my stomach in the flesh exposed in a bathing suit. Never, never again.


The boat was pretty bumpy. It was a possibility that I would deliver early on a fishing boat in Central America without a clinic in sight. Would have been scary but totally a Classic Clark move. Thankfully, we made it back to the mainland...

No comments: